Technical Product Manager
Do you love to guide and deliver outstanding products that delight customers? If you enjoy working with cross-functional teams, interacting with customers, impacting products, and thrive in a dynamic and ambiguous highly technical environment, this is your role!
RTI is looking for a Technical Product Manager in our Granada, Spain office or Golden, Colorado office to help define, build and launch innovative software products that connect and enable a diverse rich set of applications, such as autonomous vehicles, next generation digital energy platforms, and large scale mobile patient monitoring systems. This person will be a part of the Product Management team to help define RTI product vision and strategy, and deliver on those to delight our customers and grow our business.
Real-Time Innovations (RTI) is the largest software framework provider for smart machines and real-world systems. Our company’s RTI Connext® product enables intelligent architecture by sharing information in real time, making large applications work together as one.
At RTI, we take on some of the world’s most exciting and hardest technology problems. With over 1,500 deployments, RTI software runs the largest power plants in North America, connects perception to control in vehicles, coordinates combat management on US Navy ships, drives a new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24/7 medical intelligence for hospital patients and emergency victims. RTI is the best in the world at connecting intelligent, distributed systems. These systems improve medical care, make our roads safer, improve energy use, and protect our freedom. RTI truly makes the world run better in many ways!
Our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture makes RTI a truly special place, and has led to RTI’s 2019 Great Place to Work Certification. Employees are well recognized for their achievements, have opportunities for career growth and development, and are provided with the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility to make sure your life is as satisfying as your career, and enjoy the journey.
Exciting challenges lie ahead—help us conquer fast growing markets and explore new technology as we expand! Guided by our core values, we’ll meet these challenges creatively to make a real difference for a better world.
- Take a key role in further defining product vision and strategy.
- Collaborate with engineers and cross-functional teams to build and launch new features.
- Understand and analyze user needs and market opportunities.
- Identify and prioritize feature sets for various aspects of product lines.
- Frame customer needs and communicate product capabilities for various stakeholders.
- Organize and own initiatives that drive product and customer success.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field of study (e.g., engineering, mathematics, information technology), or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical software role or a product/project/program management role.
- Strong product sense with customer empathy and strong listening skills.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, organizational, verbal, written and presentation communication and professional interpersonal skills.
- Learning mindset. Self-motivated to grow in professional development and brings helpful insights and outsights to the team. Skilled at cultivating input and incorporating constructive feedback.
- Insist on excellence in your work, with strong attention to detail and strong sense of ownership in fulfilling commitments. You take initiative, follow up and demonstrate a bias toward action.
- Exhibit emotional intelligence when dealing with challenging issues, and take an objective approach towards a resolution.
- Prioritize effectively and manage time well to maintain focus and balance multiple tasks, projects and goals.
- Demonstrate mutual respect and honesty.
- MBA or business coursework completed.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts. Experience working with software development teams, interfacing with customers.
- Familiarity with product functions, including writing requirements, prototype development, market research, competitive analysis, and product planning.
- Coursework in strategy, marketing, economics and/or accounting.
- Coursework in user experience, customer research, statistics or user interface design.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.