Software QA Specialist
Are you interested in quality and test development? Then why not join our expanding team in Granada?
ELCA is one of Switzerland’s biggest Information Technology Companies. Since the company was founded in 1968, we have offered our customers a single source for the complete spectrum of IT services including consulting, development and operations. Our team of over 1200 specialists advises companies on the best use of modern information technologies, develops and implements efficient and stable solutions and applies our know-how to ensure excellence in use.
- You will work within challenging projects in various business industries and use state-of-the-art technologies and tools
- As a Software Tester, you will get experience within a product development environment while using advanced tools and technologies
- Own quality and end-to-end testing for the product.
- Act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process.
- Mentor and coach junior QA engineer.
- Review software requirements for testability.
- Elaborate operational test procedures and test cases.
- Plan and estimate testing activities.
- Perform testing on various types of application (web, mobile, interfaces, reports).
- Document test results in a concise and consistent manner.
- Have chance to practice writing basic automation scripts.
- You will work in a consolidated company with startup spirit, amazingly dynamic, agile environment together with international colleagues to develop features for our 150+ customers/partners, millions of users worldwide
- A challenging and professional working environment in a dynamic international team with extensive expertise
- Exciting projects with latest technologies
- An organization with flat hierarchies and collaborations across business departments
- Promoting environment with an attractive real prospect for your professional and personal development
- Flexible working hours and excellent team spirit
For this vacancy we are looking for candidates with BS Degree in Engineering (mainly in Computer Science or Telecommunications), experience in software development and developing test plans and performing testing:
- Passion for product quality and uncovering hard to find scenarios and bugs
- Attention to details and a knack at finding edge cases
- Experience in delivering software products using an Agile methodology
- Strong research, problem solving and troubleshooting ability
- Self-motivated and able to grasp issues quickly and make educated, critical judgment in the absence of complete information
- Able to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work with various cross functional teams to deliver high quality products.
- Willingness to share experience and ideas
- Advanced level of English is mandatory