Software Engineer - Internal Tools
Do you want to build the future? Do you want to build the software that is going to change Automotive, Healthcare and Transportation? If the answer is yes, then apply for the The Industrial Internet of Things Connectivity Company.
So, what do we do? Simply put, RTI connects smarts to distributed systems. We seek to transform entire industries. Our hottest markets are today’s most exciting: autonomous cars, smart medical systems, green energy, unmanned planes. Our software smartly runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are making the world greener, safer, faster, and flat-out cooler.
Unabashedly, we are the best in the world at what we do. We are the best positioned small company to capitalize on the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
RTI lives at the intersection of functional artificial intelligence and pervasive networking. These are the two most important technical trends for the next several decades…the trends that will drive your career. There is no better address.
What is a Software Engineer - Internal Tools?
An internal tools engineer makes magic happen by providing the Engineering department with the appropriate tooling and services.
Our software runs in a wide variety of scenarios and different platforms. As a consequence, we have the challenge of building and deploying a highly complex piece of software, without compromising quality.
Some types of projects you will be working on:
- Modernize the build system and infrastructure.
- Provide developers the tools to measure and assess the code quality. We are not looking for a QA Engineer, but a person that integrates the appropriate tooling to measure quality. For instance, we are looking for a person that can integrate existing code coverage or static analysis tools in our build and release infrastructure
- Develop tools for internal use to increase the efficiency of our developers.
- Develop and and integrate tools to assess code quality.
- Train other engineers in the use of internal tools and modern technologies.
- Degree on Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of Linux.
- Programming Languages: We are looking for a person proficient in Python/scripting languages. Some C/C++ and Java knowledge is desirable, but not required.
- Knowledge about compilers and build systems (e.g. gcc, make, CMake, gradle)
- Good English and communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team, including headquarters in USA.
Nice to have:
- Some background related to CI/CD processes (e.g. Jenkins, Travis).
- Knowledge about micro services and Cloud Technologies (e.g. Docker)
- Knowledge about code quality tools: linters, static analysis, code coverage, etc.
We are not looking for an expert in any of these subjects, but someone willing to learn and be trained on them.
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae in English.
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, and LPP grants.
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer