FinancialForce is the leading cloud ERP for the new services economy. The #1 ERP native to the Salesforce platform, FinancialForce unifies data across the enterprise in real-time, enabling companies to rapidly evolve their business models with customers at the center. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, FinancialForce is backed by Salesforce Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, Advent International, and UNIT4. For more information, visit www.financialforce.com.
As a software developer in the FinancialForce development team, you will be involved in the technical design and development of all aspects of the FinancialForce.com product line. You will develop, enhance and maintain software in accordance with the Force.com best practices as specified by Salesforce.com. Your responsibilities will include designing, coding, testing, debugging and performance analysis of cloud- based applications on the Salesforce.com platform as well as being involved with customer deployments, partner product integrations and competitive benchmarking. The job is office based and involves working as a member of a project team building new functionality or enhancing existing functionality in line with FinancialForce.com’s development program. Knowledge of the SCRUM methodology would be an advantage as well as having developed packaged solutions sold to external customers. There may be the need for occasional off site meetings or visits. This job will require ad-hoc flexibility in working hours in order to support and liaise with the company’s US division, customers and technology partner Salesforce.com, as needed
- Working with the Product Owner, Business Analysts and Technical Architect to develop software from a set of requirements using the SCRUM methodology.
- Working within a SCRUM team collaboratively.
- To assist with training other members of the team.
- To review User Help documentation.
- Working within a framework of published standards and practices within the company.
- The development of high quality software within agreed timescales.
- Work with Business Analysts providing technical advice and guidance.
- Customer support – Tier 3 & 4 on a rotation basis – could include running gotomeetings with customers alongside support to help troubleshooting.
- Support of the operational business through adoption of new technologies and development of adhoc prototypes.
- Smooth throughput of various planned and unanticipated issues arising during the development phases.
- Supporting the SCRUM release planning and sprint planning process through analysis and estimation of development work.
- Ability to contribute to Auto Testing.
- 5+ years experience developing Java or C# or other related languages.
- 3+ years developing enterprise applications.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Skilled at analysing and solving problems.
- Understanding of application architecture principles.
- Proficiency in OO programming.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be a strong communicator with the ability to communicate clearly about ideas & designs both verbally and in writing.
- Understanding of data integration and web services.
- Resourcefulness in getting over problems and establishing clarity.
- Managing time and projects.
- Experience developing on Force.com.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all; applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.