Senior Software Engineer and Scrum Master
FinancialForce is the leading cloud ERP for the new services economy. The #1 ERP native to the Salesforce platform, FinancialForce unifies data across the enterprise in real-time, enabling companies to rapidly evolve their business models with customers at the center. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, FinancialForce is backed by Salesforce Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, Advent International, and UNIT4. For more information, visit www.financialforce.com.
As a Scrum Master/Senior Software Developer in the FinancialForce development team, you will be involved in the technical design, development and testing of integrations between FinancialForce.com applications using ERP.
You will develop, enhance and maintain software in accordance with the Force.com best practices as specified by Salesforce.com. This includes the design and writing of automated tests in accordance with the Force.com Apex Test Framework and FinancialForce.com practices, You will also ensure such tests are kept up to date and follow the latest best practices in coding tests that are easy to maintain and robust.
As a Software Developer
- The development, enhancement and maintenance of an infrastructure to support automation of Product Portfolio wide integration testing
- This may also require, working with the Product Owner, Business Analysts and Technical Architect to develop software integrations from a set of requirements using the SCRUM methodology
- To ensure auto tests continue to pass, always fixing them as needed
- To execute the automated tests against the deliverable code and raise incidents using fault management tools
- Working within a SCRUM team collaboratively
- To assist with training other members of the team
- To review User Help documentation
- Working within a framework of published standards and practices within the company.
- The development of high quality software within agreed timescales
- Support of the operational business through adoption of new technologies and development of adhoc prototypes
- Smooth throughput of various planned and unanticipated issues arising during the development phases
- Supporting the SCRUM release planning and sprint planning process through analysis and estimation of development work Influence process improvement
- Influence process improvement.
As a Scrum Master:
- Following the Scrum Methodology leading a team to successful delivery of software features according to a timetable agreed with project stakeholders
- Liaising with key stakeholders at all levels within the organization to ensure expectations are clearly set and delivered to
- Estimating: To facilitate the process of estimation of pieces of work at both a high and a detailed level using Agile Scrum practices
- Planning: To facilitate the planning processes required by the Agile Scrum process. Primarily this consists of running a planning meeting at the start of each Sprint. The planning meeting delivers a set of features that the team commits to delivering within the sprint and a set of tasks needed to meet those commitments
- Monitoring and Controlling: Publishing clear Agile sprint burn down charts on a daily basis. Running daily stand up meeting which take typically about 15 minutes Interacting with all team members on a daily basis
- Adherence to standards
- Ensuring that the team conforms to the requirements of agreed standards or frameworks
- 5+ years experience developing Java or C# or other related languages.
- 3+ years developing enterprise applications.
- 2+ years of automated testing experience with an Automated Testing Framework
- Experience creating/writing detailed test plans
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Skilled at analyzing and solving problems.
- Understanding of application architecture principles.
- Proficiency in OO programming.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be a strong communicator with the ability to communicate clearly about ideas designs both verbally and in writing.
- Understanding of data integration and web services.
- Resourcefulness in getting over problems and establishing clarity.
- HTML 5.0
- SQL experience
- Source Code Control experience (SVN, GIT)
- 1+ years of experience with VisualForce
- Ability to read other developer’s APEX code to formulate detailed test plans
- 1+ years of experience with force.com/APEX strongly preferred (proven experience in Java will be considered
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all; applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.