Senior Java Developer (Remote)
CactusSoft is a software development company, providing full-cycle services for the European market. More than 170 companies increased business productivity using solutions developed by CactusSoft programmers. The company has been regularly included in the listings of the best software development companies in Belgium and Europe.
CactusSoft is ready to expand the team with two Java Developers in its brand-new hub in Seville. In this role you will be working as a part of a scrum team on the development of apps in a large international project for the aviation sector. Cactussoft stands for professional development and constant improvement of technical skills.
What you will do:
- Design, code, and maintain backend systems with frameworks like Spring Boot, Java EE and Hibernate in a microservice environment.
- Work closely with the Product Owner to analyze infrastructural and technical requirements.
- Provide clear and timely reports on status of development, technical problems and other relevant details to internal stakeholders.
- Support technical discussions with the customer and third-party suppliers (Flight Planning System provider, Weather providers, etc.) during the implementation phase.
- Consistently meet established deadlines.
- Provide support and write/maintain technical documentation.
- Assist in troubleshooting incidents impacting customer operations and propose recovery actions.
- Participate in team retrospectives and document lessons learned.
What we expect from the candidate:
- Wide experience with Java, Java EE and Spring is a MUST.
- Experience or knowledge about one message brokers (RabitMQ, MQTT, IBM MQ...)
- Experience in microservices, Dockers, Kubernetes.
- Fluent in English and good communication skills.
- Team player with an agile mindset.
- Passionate about software, server technology & cloud solutions.
- Active contributor in a fun, motivated & growing team.
To ensure your comfortable working environment we offer:
- Flexible working hours.
- Health insurance.
- Work-related courses, certifications, and books.
- English classes several times a week.
- Opportunity to work remotely in an international environment.