Junior Software Engineer
FinancialForce is the leading cloud ERP for the new services economy. The #1 ERP native to the Salesforce platform, FinancialForce unifies data across the enterprise in real-time, enabling companies to rapidly evolve their business models with customers at the center. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, FinancialForce is backed by Salesforce Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, Advent International, and UNIT4. For more information, visit www.financialforce.com.
As a Junior Software Developer in the FinancialForce development team, you will be involved in the technical design, development and testing of integrations between FinancialForce.com applications using ERP. You will develop, enhance and maintain software in accordance with the Force.com best practices as specified by Salesforce.com.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate with an IT, Computer Sciences or related degree. New graduates who can demonstrate the right aptitude, skills and enthusiasm will be considered.
Your role will include designing, coding, testing, debugging and performance analysis of cloud-based applications on the Salesforce.com platform.
You will be developing high quality code that will be rolled out to hundreds of prospective customers.
- The development, enhancement and maintenance of an infrastructure to support automation of Product Portfolio wide integration testing
- This may also require, working with the Product Owner, Business Analysts and Technical Architect to develop software integrations from a set of requirements using the SCRUM methodology
- To ensure auto tests continue to pass, always fixing them as needed
- To execute the automated tests against the deliverable code and raise incidents using fault management tools
- Working within a SCRUM team collaboratively
- Working within a framework of published standards and practices within the company.
- The development of high quality software within agreed timescales
- Support of the operational business through adoption of new technologies and development of adhoc prototypes
- Smooth throughput of various planned and unanticipated issues arising during the development phases
- Supporting the SCRUM release planning and sprint planning process through analysis and estimation of development work Influence process improvement
- Skilled at analysing and solving problems
- Understanding of application architecture principals
- Experience in OO programming
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be a strong communicator with the ability to communicate clearly about ideas & designs both verbally and in writing
- Resourcefulness in getting over problems and establishing clarity
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Understanding of data integration and web services
- Experience developing Java or C# or other related languages would be beneficial
- Experience developing on Force.com would be beneficial
- Managing time and projects
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all; applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.