GEO SPECIALIST SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Are you ready for your next challenge?
If you are proactive, a team player and eager to grow professionally and personally, join our team in Granada.
Bi4 Group is looking for a Geo Specialist Software Engineer to work in a project that presents remote sensing data from satellites into a mapping and timeseries application, used by big agriculture and reinsurance clients, to take decisions based on climatology, soil moisture, temperature, and other soil KPIs, in near real time, with high accuracy and global coverage.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- Degree in Computer Engineering or similar.
- Fluent in English (Minimum B2).
- Eager to learn.
- Good communications skills.
- Driven to improve software quality.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR EXPERTISE IN THE FOLLOWING TECHNOLOGIES:
- Experience with developing mapping applications visualizing Raster and Vector data using Raster tiles (XYZ).
- Knowledge of geospatial databases, especially PostgreSQL + PostGIS.
- Knowledge of Python.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with VectorTiles.
- OGC standards, and various Mapping platforms and APIs (Mapbox, Google Maps, Leaflet).
- Familiar with Cloud optimized GeoTIFF and similar initiatives.
- Experience with Angular or other frontend frameworks.
- Extensive experience with Git.
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies.
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING
- Professional development programme.
- Learning on the job.
- Meetups and workshops to develop yourself in other areas.
- Great working environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- Possibility to work from home.
- Indefinite contract.
- Attractive salary.
- English lessons.
- Private health insurance.
- Recreation zone.
- Company parties and events.
- Free coffee and healthy corner.
- Pet – friendly office.