Business Intelligence Developer
Schustermann & Borenstein (S&B) is a German company specialized in the distribution of designer fashion. Founded in Munich in 1923, it has more than 1000 permanent full-time employees, with an annual revenue of more than 350 million euros and a sustained annual growth beyond 15% for the past 5 years. Best Secret is its on-line brand and contributes to the majority of the company´s income. It is present in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, UK, France and The Netherlands; and distributes to the whole of Europe.
Best Secret already employs 60 IT engineers at their central Head Quarters in Munich, dedicated to the development of solutions for on-line business and the support of internal processes.
Best Secret Spain has its headquarter in Granada where the company employs there, 30 great IT engineers. A medium sized city of approximately 200K inhabitants, located between Sierra Nevada and the Mediterranean Sea, enjoying an active cultural scene, it is well connected to the other major cities and it is the home of one of the most prestigious Universities in Europe. The University of Granada is the first in Spain and the sixth in Europe in the Shanghai 2015 classification for IT subjects providing a first-class source of talent and has created a vibrant IT business community.
In Granada, a brand new Research and Development center has been created for supporting the development of the Mobile Channel and Backend Services. The goal is to have 40 full-time engineers in 2018 organized in a creative and dynamic environment; with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development. Communication between remote teams is permanent and the working language is English.
The BI Solution Developer will be responsible for creating and maintaining analytical solutions with SQL Server Analysis Services and the Azure BI stack. Also, from the SQL Management Studio, Excel and modeling tools to understand the existing data models and design and implement future database solutions.
Your experience will be important using API and web services as necessary for integration. It will focus on the follow-up of changes in the system through the version control software and, at the same time, the testing of analytical solutions, design and development of prototypes for future solutions.
It will work directly with internal and external implementation teams to ensure successful data integration and in close collaboration with the BI team to gather data needs and prioritize analytical solutions.
The goal for this position is the development of the analytical model based on Enterprise Data Warehouse developed by Data Provisioning.
Knowledge and abilities
- 3+ years of experience as a Microsoft SQL Server Developer, Data Warehouse Developer or ETL Developer.
- Proficient with ETL programming methodologies and tools including debuggers, flow analyzers, and configuration tools, preferably SSIS.
- Very good T-SQL query skills.
- Understanding of OLAP and OLTP systems.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse design.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Beneficial: Understanding of ETL automation through frameworks like biml.
- Beneficial: Experience working with Microsoft Azure BI tools and services.
Duties and responsibilities
- Partners with internal and external implementation teams to ensure successful data integration.
- Works closely with the Business Intelligence team to gather data needs and set priorities for ETL projects.
- Gathers data-related change management requests to be evaluated and prioritized for implementation.
- Uses SQL Management Studio, Excel, and modeling tools to understand existing data models and design and implement future database solutions.
- Creates ETL workflows using SSIS and biml.
- Utilizes APIs and web services as necessary for integration.
- Actively improving the data quality, integrity and stability
- Tests and debugs ETL-related workflows.
- Configures and maintains data migration batch jobs.
- Tracks and commits system changes via version control software.
- Documents data models and ETL solutions for future reference.