Build and Release Engineer
As a Build and Release Engineer in our development team, you will be part of a team of experts building a secure real-time middleware platform with extreme performance and scalability. Working hand in hand with the product development team, you will be part of a growing QA and Release team responsible for creating and running automated and manual test cases validating proper functionality. The RTI Connext software enables 100s and 1000s of applications and devices to exchange data in a timely and reliable way. Our software features direct peer-to-peer connections, reliable multicast, automated application discovery, and unique, contractual quality-of-service control.
Real-Time Innovations (RTI) is the largest software framework provider for smart machines and real-world systems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are the best positioned small company in the world to create the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
RTI leads the world market for software that connects real-world devices. Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility. We commit to making your life as satisfying as your career. And, RTI’s team is unmatched; our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
We solve some of the greatest challenges in technology. Our mission is to transform industries: automotive, medical, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help make a real difference.
- Ship it! Build, bundle and release our family of RTI Connext products: middleware libraries, applications and tools. We ship software for a variety of operating systems, supporting several languages and using different technologies. Don’t worry if this sounds daunting. This is a great opportunity to learn new things and challenge yourself. We encourage you to continuously learn, and evolve.
- Improve it! Measure and improve the efficiency of our builds and releases. This role is not a “press-a-button” job. This job will allow you to evolve, and design the build and release system.
- Evolve and fix it! Work with the development engineers to resolve failed builds or tests. Implement new Jenkins plans, and evolve the build system. We’re an easy going group and don’t like walls between the various teams. You will be working shoulder to shoulder with the development engineers.
- You care about high quality software releases. You love build and release. You are passionate about staying current on trends and best practices in build and release management.
- We are looking for somebody with experience building and releasing software; 3+ years industry experience with
- Expert knowledge of build, release and configuration management practices, including branch-based development and patch-oriented workflows
- Cmake/gradle/ant/Maven; Shell and perl scripting
- Building C/C++, Java and .Net applications
- Revision control systems - working knowledge of git a must.
- Building and testing on a variety of architectures, including Windows, Unix and RTOS.
- Experience with continuous integration systems (e.g., Jenkins, Atlassian Bamboo).
- You are results oriented, proactive and can work independently in a deadline driven environment.
- Our team is distributed - You can be successful working with development teams in multiple locations. Excellent English written communication skills, with the drive and desire to improve English verbal communication skills.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team, including headquarters in the USA. Excellent English written communication skills, with the drive and desire to improve English verbal communication skills.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation. RTI is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae in English.