Are you an enthusiastic, talented, and experienced software engineer with a passion for solving complex technical problems? If you love to travel, work with customers, and like the opportunity to tackle tough technology problems, this is your role! The Application Engineer will be a member of our global Services organization, which is outcome-based and highly customer facing. Our charter is to drive customer success, so we work closely with our customers providing, but not limited to, architecture consulting, training, and overall technical guidance as they develop their next generation distributed systems.
RTI connects smarts to distributed systems. We seek to transform entire industries. Our hottest markets are today’s most exciting: autonomous cars, smart medical systems, green energy, unmanned planes. Our software smartly runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are making the world greener, safer, faster, and flat-out cooler.
Unabashedly, we are the best in the world at what we do. We are the best positioned small company to capitalize on the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
RTI lives at the intersection of functional artificial intelligence and pervasive networking. These are the two most important technical trends for the next several decades…the trends that will drive your career. There is no better address.
- Engage with our customers to provide technical guidance, assistance, and prototype proof-of-concept projects
- Provide onsite technical training, configuration/code review, design guidance and debugging of complex distributed systems
- Triage customer issues both onsite and remotely, and find timely solutions
- Ensure our customers succeed with RTI technology
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (Advanced degree preferred). Studies related to distributed systems, peer-to-peer networks, and computer networking preferred
- Solid understanding of operating system and networking fundamentals
- Software development experience (via internships, university projects, open source projects, etc.) with C++, Java
- Excellent debugging skills in a wide variety of technologies, networking protocols, operating systems and programming languages
- Positive, proactive, results oriented with excellent problem solving skills
- Exceptional team player who works well in both collaborative environments as well as independently in a deadline driven environment
- Interested in working directly with customers to ensure their success
- Intellectually curious with a desire and ability to master new technologies
- Demonstrate proficient English communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team (both in Europe and the US)
- Must be willing to work in the Granada, Spain office and have the right to work in Spain
- Must be able to travel (25-40%) to work with our customers onsite
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae in English.
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.